Monday, September 7, 2009

Knowledge is Power

So I'm back into my old nasty rut of chest pains, purple toes, dizziness, fainting spells and heart episodes. YUCK! Just when I thought I was "growing out of it," it's back at it again, screwing up my life. When I first found out I had a heart problem, I was extremely bitter and upset. After the first failed surgery, missing tons of school and MANY questions from friends and others, I decided to try and be more open about it and share my story so I can help other women my age. 


Last year Go Red For Women had a special on NBC called Untold Stories of the Heart. It showed women across the nation dealing with heart disease and showing their struggles. I personally didn't get a chance to see it but it is available on their website at WWW.GOREDFORWOMEN.ORG. This year they're doing it again with, Go Red For Women Presents: Choose to Live, premiering Sept. 12 on NBC. I'd recommend every one to watch it whether you're a woman or not. You'd be amazed at the things you can learn about yourself and your health just by watching these premieres. 


Educate and take of yourselves ladies!! Help beat the odds with me!! Love you all & God bless! 

1 comment:

  1. I am beyond proud of you for handling your heart problem the way you have Court! You don't realize how strong you are and I am in awe! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete