Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I want to know...

"I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow if you have been opened by life’s betrayals or have become closed from fear of further pain. I want to know if you can sit with pain mine or your own without moving to hide it or fade it or fix it. I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself. I want to know if you can see beauty even when it is not pretty every day and if you can source your own life from its presence. I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and truly like the company you keep in the empty moments."

2 comments:

  1. I love this one. I actually want to use these as my wedding vows if I ever get married. :)

    ReplyDelete