Sunday, February 15, 2009

My week in a nutshell...


Sophia Grae Gniewosz was born on February 11, 2009 at 5:27pm. She weighed 4lbs 15oz and was 16.75" long. She was doing really great on Thursday afternoon and was wide awake and alert. While I was holding her on Thursday night while she was sleeping, she stopped breathing and turned all purple and ever since then has been having episodes. I can honestly say, I've never been so scared in my entire life. She's currently in the NICU at OHSU and getting a little better day by day. That is great news but it has been a rough road. I know if she is half as stubborn and strong as my sister, she will be just fine and pull through this. I hate seeing her all hooked up to the monitors but I'm glad she is there so she can get the care and treatment she needs. I can't wait until she can come home and be with her family. *I LOVE YOU SOPHIA*

Today, I found out my friend from high school, Brian Fairbrother, has passed away. He was leaving a party last night and was driving drunk when he hit a pole and then a tree. He died instantly. There were three other people in the car with him. Two of them are in comas, one's organs are failing and the third person was released from the hospital today. It came as a complete shock. My friend Ashley who has become pretty good friends with him had no idea and of course, I called her in a panic to see if she was okay and to make sure she wasn't hurt as well. She had no idea and I was the one who broke the news to her. I wish people would realize that drinking and driving is NEVER worth it. *RIP Brian Fairbrother* You are extremely missed and loved. My prayers are with your family and loved ones during this tough time. Thank you for being such a good friend to me in high school and thank you for making my best friend so happy. GOD BLESS!

I know God will never give anyone more than they can handle but I'm asking, PLEASE, can we just cool it down a little. I'm not sure how much more I can take. As Van Morrison has said - "There'll be days like this."

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I have also lost good friends to stupid decisions like driving drunk. It's so sad. Hang in there! I can't wait to see you tomorrow night and give you a BIG hug. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your friend court :'( Drinking and driving is the worst possible decision anyone can ever make and I am so sorry that his family is going through this hard time.. just stay strong ok? I love you and miss you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I didn't know you had a blog - I'm adding your to our list :) I'm glad Sophia is home, I hope she keeps doing well!

    ReplyDelete